Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mike Lupica Books

Last week I took the opportunity to see Mike Lupica speak about being a writer, journalist, and participant on ESPN's Sunday morning show, The Sports Reporters. I enjoy his books (many of which have been on NY TIMES best sellers list) and his philosophy that good books are a big factor in positively motivating reluctant readers.
I picked up a new copy of his 1st book TRAVEL TEAM and his latest book HERO. Mike signed the two books to Birch Meadow Elementary. (You can see him signing the books below). Mrs. Warshauer has the 2 books in the Birch Meadow library. These books are great for experienced readers and great read alouds for younger children. I am reading Travel Team to my 5-year old once we finish enjoying Matt Christopher's book Inline Skater.

As always...KEEP READING!


No comments: